News and Events
current happenings & updates from Westport Music
"Snow Day" of 12/9/17:
Due to the expectations of significant snowfall, we have opted to postpone lessons for Saturday 12/9. The Music Center will be closed, and normal hours will resume on Monday 12/11. As always, lessons postponed due to weather will be made up by extending the spring semester.
What's up with "The Gig Center"?
We're very pleased to once again be teaching students to play and create music as a group. Our new band program is called The Gig Center at Westport.
Music Center customers should know that you can always reach us at our regular phone number or email address, but if you're inquiring about The Gig Center, we recommend calling our dedicated Gig line, at (203) 292-8934 to inquire about participation in one of our bands.
We have set up a separate web site for The Gig Center: gigcenterwestport.com.
We also have a facebook page.
(You'll see that on 4/26/17, even though we hadn't yet held a single class, Frank Perrouna, of the School of Rock in Fairfield, offered a one-star review...so we guess we're in business!)
We've done a lot of renovation to the back area of the Music Center! We're fully equipped with PA's, great amps, microphones, etc. We have the space and personnel to engage students in a variety of fun & educational musically-related activities while they're here.
We hope you'll take a moment to check out the website, maybe like us on facebook, and hopefully enroll in one of our exciting programs. We look forward to hearing from you.
Steve & Chris
The fall semester is under way. Limited times are still available. Please contact us for additional info.
All students are encouraged to please check our calendar page for other important dates.
Looking ahead to potential weather-related closures/postponed lessons:
- All postponed lessons will be made up by extending the spring semester.
- We do not necessarily follow the Westport Public Schools closures, delays, early dismissals, etc.
- In the event that we do postpone lessons, we will update our website and voicemail immediately. The website will offer brief info on our homepage, with further details here on our current events page. We also update the "hours" page regarding store closures, etc. The voicemail can be reached at (203) 259-7615.
- In the event of widespread power outages, we may not be able to update the website. (Also, you may not have internet access.) However, we are generally able to update the voicemail. So...if we're experiencing bad weather and the website does not have up-to-date information, please try to give us a call at (203) 259-7615.
- The Westport Music Center has a facebook page and twitter account! In the event of crazy weather, you could also check for updates there:
twitter: @wsptmusic, https://twitter.com/wsptmusic. In the event that we have internet service, but are unable to update our website here at westportmusic.com, we'll post any news on the facebook page and on twitter.
Recitals are for piano, brass, woodwind, voice, violin, viola, cello, and string bass students. Guitar, electric bass, and drum students do not have recitals. Student participation is encouraged, but not mandatory.
Recitals are generally held on Sundays near the end of the spring semester, at the Unitarian Church in Westport. Info regarding the 2018 recital schedule will be posted here as soon as any details are available.
DIRECTIONS to the UNITARIAN CHURCH:
Take Exit 42. Head North on Route 57 for .8 of a mile. At the traffic light, make a right onto Lyons Plain Road. The church is 1/4 mile on the right
Take exit 17. Make a left onto Route 33 North. Follow Route 33 North for two miles until Route 33 intersects with Route 57 at the Kings Highway traffic light. Turn right onto Route 57 North. Follow 57 North for 1.5 miles until you reach the Exit 42 underpass for the Merritt Parkway. Follow the directions from the Merritt Parkway, above.
The Unitarian Church:
Be sure to check our calendar and or business hours regarding closures, holiday-season hours, summer hours and lesson scheduling.
Contents copyright © 2000-2016 Westport Music Center, LLC
All rights reserved